We stood next to each other during choir for a few weeks not even introducing ourselves..one fine day... our respective friends standing on the other side both happen to not come at the same time..maybe it was fate that they didn't come but we turned to each other and the first question she asked me was
"So, what are you doing now?"
I surprisingly answered "I work as a stripper on Waikiki for a living...." and she responded with..."ooh...me too..I also work as a stripper in (I forgot the name of the club!)"....and that's how our beautiful friendship started.....I know..unconventional right?!?
After that, we became closer and closer..... that we basically "followed each other around the world?" We were not only friends but housemates in Hawaii. After two years of knowing each other, she went to Singapore for study abroad in which I was also back in Malaysia for a short time. When I went back to Hawaii for graduate school, she followed suit because she had to go back to finish her bachelors... and when I came back here to do research..she decided she wanted to intern in an architecture firm in Malaysia... and that was when she has been a part of the Choo family since her arrival....
Two days ago..she decided to head back to Hawaii to pursue a full time job in engineering, and this post is basically a few of our shared memories together throughout her journey here in Malaysia and the reason why I will miss her:
1. First and foremost, I will miss her enthusiasm and love for food...now I have no one to share the passion of eating and the joy of food with anymore... not only does she eats as much as me(more polite according to my parents), but she loves the same type of food! Where do you find a friend like that?!?
2. Will definitely miss the fact that we are probably the craziest karaoke singers around... we would call and ask to book a room for two and I usually get the "huh? two only?" Yes people...if you get the chance to see two girls in a karaoke room singing only..thats probably Kendra and I:p (and we also dance on the couch..)
3. Gonna miss our trips together..I know I will always have someone to sleep with..although she may sleep the whole time without uttering a squeak...hehehehe
4. Miss my + 1 for all events.... especially the ones *hint* with the three other girls in the above picture... in which they come with their boyfriends....
6. And most of all...I will miss the fact that you are already like a sister to me..... one of the Choo's as we may call it..... In our family events, even weddings..Kenj is sure to be invited...
What can I say? Many of my friends asked me...are you going to miss Kendra when she leaves..... My answer is a definite Yes!...this girl has not just been my best friend but like a sister to me this whole time.... we have actually celebrated each other's birthdays together for the past five years!!! I am sure there are more memories to come..... probably next year?!? Hope you come back soon babe...or will see you when I go back to Hawaii next year:)
Both our birthdays this year..........