1. Met an amazing couple towards the end of last year, a family friend, Uncle Art and Auntie Janet in Hawaii. They treated me like family and actually without them, I wouldn't have made it through this year in Hawaii so easily....as many things happened....
2. It was also this year that I got my asthma back in Hawaii. Yes, I would say Hawaii is an amazing place because the weather is perfect. But, the nightmare of getting my asthma back happened in Hawaii because of the volcanic ash coupled with my deteriorating health for the early part of the year. It was during this time, I fell sick once a month and the sickness lasted for a week at a time:( Lost alot of weight then. I would say that getting my asthma back propelled me to take care of my health and motivated me to start exercising...although I can't resist sweets!!
3. It was towards the middle of this year that I made a tough decision to do my research back in Malaysia. Finalizing paperwork, selling my car,etc. And of course, having a way overdue graduation/farewell party at my old apartment....
These two people came down to Southeast Asia the same time I decided to move back to Malaysia
4. My parents coming to Hawaii to visit me was definitely a milestone. Having them around fortified my decision to move back to Malaysia as I realized how much they mean to me and how much I missed them.
5. My brother's graduation in Atlanta was an important milestone for me too. why? It was this time that the last sibling in my family graduated and I could basically see how he lived his life there, which was VERY unhealthy to say the least....
6. Eastablishing my life again in Malaysia. Trust me, this is not an easy feat, from driving on the left side of the road, to the hectic lifestyle that Malaysians lead. But I love it!!!:)
Once I touchdown, headed to the opening of Skewers! And have been there many many times since it's opening...
My trip to Bangkok...to fill up my closet for the year with close friends:)
Forgot the amount of birthdays that happen all the time....every week of July was filled with birthday parties!
And once again, contributing to society by helping to feed the homeless and hopefully build a counselling program with them....... I couldn't do it in the States because they make you jump through hoops to be a volunteer in a hospital or orphanage:(
7. Getting back on track with work.... one of the main reasons I am back in Malaysia is to be able to fuse my expertise in developmental psychology with media through a talk show. Alot of people ask me why? Because I believe in the power of media and how it can influence the masses on issues that pertain to youth which NEEDS to be highlighted. Now, to find someone who believes in me and my idea:p
First commercial for Lip Ice
First magazine shoot for Queens, not only was the whole shoot fun but it was the people that I met that made working such a pleasure:) And I learn even more about spirituality than I ever thought I would in a few hours..... there are more which you can check out here: http://www.meizs.com/p/printads-shoot.html
Working at KLIMS as a presenter and met many great people:) And because of working with Proton, I will be owning an Inspira soon....*wink*
8. Weddings...to me, this is important because I have already missed two of my cousin's wedding and was actually upset about it....so I was really happy that I could attend my other two cousin's wedding....May you guy's have an everlasting and happy marriage!!!
9. Part of my early journey back home was made much easier with my best friend and sister Kendra...as you may know, she recently went home.....I miss her loads!!! Thank you for helping me adjust to both Hawaii and Malaysia when I arrived there and back here...
10. Getting to celebrate the festivities with my family and friends brings back fond memories.....I wouldn't trade that for the world. You know... this festive season and holidays have got me thinking alot as to what lies ahead in the new year.... I am set to writing my goals for the new year again and I guess there is alot of things to look forward to for the new year and I am extremely excited about it. This reflection post basically helped me re-prioritize what's important to me and also reminded me of the journey which I chose to take and the reason for it..... I hope this post can somehow help you too by giving you ideas on reflecting on your past and hopefully strengthening your future:)
Xmas pressies and our beautiful tree
Christmas lunch at my house!
Have a Happy New year and may all of your goals and new year's resolution come true!!