Tuesday, March 15, 2011

When you are about to lose hope in humankind....

For those who have been cheated by others selling fake, overpriced goods to them, or even by a friend or worse still, a family member...., for those who are bitter because they don't believe in the good in humankind anymore...... I think you should read this post....

I am one person who truly believes in the good, and "happy" thoughts....people who have known me for quite awhile or probably even after the first few times will know what kind of person I am..... In the category of "Happy-go-lucky, naive, Nice, some even label me NUN(just because I don't partake in activities after 12 or drink does not make me UN-FUN Ok ppl!!!)...lol.....Recently, I have been more active in socializing for many reasons, one to have my own talk show to help youth and the issues they are facing...two, I have also been emceeing many events..building a platform for myself...

Q and A during KLIMS

Crazy expressions for my biggest youth event(An event close to my heart as my talk show will be along those lines)

Love my interactions with the crowd(especially children) during the Proton 1 Malaysia roadshow

Although I love emceeing/ hosting events and videos, I don't know whether to be scared when people start telling me.....

"Mei Sze, This is not the industry for you because you are too nice and people will cheat you easily"


And guess what, I don't believe them...and Yes, I did get cheated on two times so far and also got entangled in drama which I don't want to be in....... but up till now..I still believe in the good in people...You are probably thinking...

"This girl is really STUPID!"

But you know what?!? I trust in the good and I am writing this post because the past week has opened my eyes to how good a person close to me is.... When I started losing hope due to a slew of events that happened over the past week not to me but to people around me which inadvertently involved me..... BL's good heart restored my faith..... the story goes...

"One day, BL came to tell me that he will be selling properties for an Australian developer who cheats Malaysians off their money by selling to us for a much higher rate... I was adamant he didn't do the project but he can't not do it because the boss of his company is tied down(as the horrible developer didn't want to pay them backdated commissions)........ Over the weekend.... he didn't work hard to even push sales and was very de-motivated...guess what?!? a buyer all of a sudden wanted to buy towards his last few hours... he explained to the buyer up front about the project..the truth..bare neccessities..... the buyer STILL wanted to buy...he had no choice..he asked the buyer to approach the horrible developer for a discount...the developer even wanted to give a 7% discount which is ALOT(shows how much he marked up the price!)..... and BL got pissed off when he found out the developer was lying to them.... and he realized..."

"SHIT, I CANNOT sell this property to them because they are being lied too and stand to lose more than 100k"

And guess what?!? He was WILLING to give up his commission which amounted to 7k(alot for a fresh graduate) because he didn't want to cheat someone of their HARD EARN money...PLus, he knows he can earn that 7k or more the HONEST way....

Now tell me, how many people do you know who is like that? Alot of people I know would have closed the deal in a blink of an eye.....

Although sometimes I may doubt and get scared when people ask me to shy away from the entertaintment industry... I will preservere because I see BL and he renewed my faith in good hearts and in humankind..... I know there is good out there and he made me believe even stronger in the goodness in people... Although I am also like that and I may get cheated on many times, I know I will be hurt...but GET back up and learn from it....

For those who cheat, and betray for a living... All I can say is that...there will always be KARMA( Good luck!)


Another interesting tidbit for you guys to believe in the good of humankind and learn from the Japanese:

1. There was no looting after the quake( if this happened in USA or any industrialized countries, there will most likely be daylight robbery), although everyone is starving, people still lined up to buy whatever little they had left in grocery stores

Taken from The Star newspaper


2. Japanese people would give way to ambulance and emergency crews on roads for 5 to 6 HOURS and be stuck in a jam than not let them through

3. Some girls stood in line to collect candy from Disney land to bring to the refuge camps for children;)

Japan is a collectivist country and they clearly showed their unity and compassion in times of hardship...... This is what we can learn from them...NOT what they should LEARN from this disaster( as per quoting a certain insensitive first lady of Malaysia)





Hope this helped those out there who is bitter about life and is skeptical towards other people.....There's hope....always believe....

xoxo
Meiz

P.S. Thank you BL for showing me and now the rest of the world that there are good and kind hearted people out there...

No comments: