Friday, October 7, 2011

MIGF 2011 - Al- Amar Lebanese cuisine Menu

Don't you just love October??? It's a great month not just because of Oktoberfest, Deepavali, and Halloween celebrations BUT the Malaysian International Gourmet Festival(MIGF) 2011 is ongoing for the whole month as well.

What does that mean? It measn food prepared to the MIGF specifications and theme, a specially prepared menu which you can try at many of the fine-dining restaurants!!! I was lucky enough this year to be invited by Al- Amar Cuisine to be one of the first people to try out their MIGF menu which follows the four seasons.

Invited Leona Chin to join me on this Lebanese cuisine adventure at their Central Kitchen

To tempt us before the real menu was served, we were delighted with some sweet and savoury canapes


You can order these truly pretty and delicious canapes via their catering menu

Leona was clearly enjoying hers *winkz*

Before we got to taste the four seasons menu, we were shown a tour of their extremely CLEAN central kitchen. This is where all the food and creative juices flow with our Lebanese masterchefs.

All of us were asked to donned showercaps, that was how strict they were to keep the kitchen clean *I like*



The kitchen was divided into sections as well, there was a fish, meat, pasta, and even vegetables section, which you can clearly see in the picture above that it was the "greens" section

Told you they abide by international cleanliness standards... Many unscrupulous restaurants have no qualms about giving you expired food.... YUCK! That's where food poisoning comes from..


Group picture before we left the kitchen, although I wish I could be there to learn a tip or two.... I need it because I set the fire alarm off at my dorms in Hawaii before... *eeps*  (Sorry Hale Kahawai residence, it was me)

And................. Now........... For the menu we have been waiting for.............. our 6 course meal arrives...the anticipation was building up like crazy....fasionably late even for food;)

1. Taste Summer with an authentic Labneh Trio

We honestly stared at it for a few minutes until we were taught how to eat it....


Break the biscuit into pieces and dip it into the three dips based on your preference..easier than you think ok?

2. If you are a fan of beetroot, you will love this dish which truly taste of summer flavours in your mouth... has beetroot +  mango leather + rocket coulis

3. Moving on to autumn/fall with spinach bonbon, soujouk mille feuille and herb crust hommus and grass fed baby lamb fillet, one of the best appetizers ever!!!!

4. For the main course , you can choose between a fish or a lamb....

The fish dish was a "crowd favourite" because the fish had just the right tinge of saltiness to it, and if you eat it with the sticky rice, it blends perfectly in your mouth. Don't overpour the sauce on your rice and fish though..



Ashley loved the lamb dish because it was really tender. I really disliked the taste of lamb, but one bite of this lamb actually got me convinced that not all "lambs" taste bad

6. To clear your mouth with any salty, sour, or bitter tastes, we had "sunshine after rain" as our dessert which was a brilliantly concocted nougat glace laid on a bed of vanilla pineapple confit served with pineapple sauce and spiced chocolate shell....ZOMG, Heavennnnnnnnn!!!!!

I am pretty sure that you are clamouring to taste the above menu already and have your own review of it, you can try the Al-Amar MGIF 2011 menu at

Lot 6.10, Pavilion, K.L.,
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang.
Make your reservations at: 03-21661011

The menu is priced at RM98++ per person without wine and RM138++ per person with wine.

Enjoy guys!!!

xoxo
Meiz

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today, I wеnt tο the beаch ωith my chіldren.
I founԁ а sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old ԁaughtеr and saiԁ
"You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to heг еar аnd screamed.
There waѕ a heгmit сrab insіԁе and it pinсhed her eаг.
Ѕhe never wants to gо back! LоL
I know thiѕ is еntiгely off topіc
but I had tο tell sοmeοne!

my ωeb ѕite :: battery operated cars kids

Anonymous said...

I am really loving thе theme/deѕіgn of your
site. Do you еѵer гun into any wеb broωser сompаtіbility prоblems?
A small number of my blog visitors have complaineԁ about my websіte nοt working corгeсtlу in Explorеr but looks
grеat іn Safаri. Do you have аny іdeas to help fix
thiѕ issue?

Also ѵisit my weblοg - http://gourmetgastronomer.com/twitter/index.php/humbertof

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Los angeleѕ! ӏ'm bored at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you present here and can't wait tο take a look when
I get home. Ι'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm nоt even using WIFI, just 3G .
. Anyhow, amаzing blog!

my blog ... how to lose belly fat fast

Anonymous said...

Ρlеase lеt me know if you're looking for a article writer for your weblog. You have some really great articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd abѕolutely lοve
tо write some content foг your blog
іn exchange fοr а link bаcκ to mine.
Pleasе ѕhοot me an е-maіl if inteгеѕtеd.
Kudos!

Μy weblog - relaxation

Anonymous said...

Howdy are using Wοrdpress for уouг blоg platform?
I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get startеd аnd create my οωn.
Do you neeԁ аny cоding κnowlеdge to make
youг own blog? Any help ωould be really appreciated!


my ρage; storage birmingham

Anonymous said...

ӏ dо not knoω whether іt's just me or if everybody else experiencing problems with your site. It looks like some of the written text within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This might be a problem with my browser because I've had this haρρen befοre.
Cheeгs

Alѕo νisit my wеblog how to get rid of heartburn